Making the decision to install an entirely new roof on your home can be stressful. And you may not even know where to start when making that big of a decision. That’s where trusted California roofing experts come in. First you have to decide on what kind of roofing material will best fit your home. This post in particular will discuss pros and cons of metal roofs.
You have probably seen a metal roof recently in Orange County but didn’t recognize it as one. Since metal roofs have been evolving, being manufactured to look very natural, there has been an increase in their popularity with residential and commercial buildings. Not only that, there are many advantages that come along with the material as well. Contact your local California roofer to learn more or call (800) 766-8000.
- Yes. You can install a Solar Roof System on metal roofs
- Made to mimic materials such as cedar or slate, retaining your homes natural look.
- Optimizes your home’s energy efficiency by making your home cooler. Click here to learn more.
- Have a very long lifespan (up to 80 years)!
- Material is very durable.
- Low maintenance required.
- less susceptible to weather conditions (high winds, storms, hail, and rain).
- Green building material, 100% recyclable.
Although there are many benefits for metal roofs, there are also some disadvantages when comparing this material to others that are more traditional.
- Installation can be difficult
- Only a licensed metal roofing contractor should perform the installation
- This material tends to be a little more expensive but is longer lasting and more durable
Your Orange County Roofing Contractor
We finally got to talk about metal roofs! With over 30 years of repairing, maintaining, and installing roofs in Northern California (Campbell, San Jose), and Southern California (OC, LA, Riverside), we have grown to love this material. After seeing the pros and cons of metal roofs, hopefully you understand a little more about the material and are a step closer to getting your new roof. Our California roofers are ready to help you get that much needed roof.